Monday, November 14, 2011

Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha

I cringe every time I pay $5 for a drink, so I have taken it upon myself to figure out how to make my favorite drinks on my own. As you can tell they most often involve the work "mocha."

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 white chocolate square (the baker's kind you buy in a big block)
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 cup of brewed coffee
  • 2 TBS of Peppermint Mocha instant coffee (I used Maxwell House brand)
  • and Whipped Cream + a peppermint stick for garnish.
1.) Put the white chocolate and milk in a mug and heat in the microwave for 1 min 30 seconds.
2.) Mix chocolate and milk until mostly incorporated.
3.) Mix in the instant coffee powder as well as the brewed coffee.
4.) Stir well (candy canes make good swizzle sticks for this recipe) and top with whipped cream.

Enjoy :)

1 comment: