Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Opal Engagement Ring

If you know me at all you know that I love vintage. So, it was not unusual that I spent the majority of my Saturday afternoon at the 23rd Street Antique mall. There were many treasures to be found there, but what really caught my eye was a case of antique wedding and engagement rings near the front. I was dazzled by the diamonds cut like I had never seen. I cannot describe their beauty accurately. Here is a picture of something similar to the ones I am thinking of:
Gorgeous, huh?!


And the best thing of all was that they had a diamond and opal one. The opals looked like little dew drops on a rose-gold branch. Now, I like diamonds, but I ADORE opals. When I saw this ring my mind went berserk! I started thinking crazy things. Like: "I wish I had a man that would buy me something like that!" ha ha, do all girls think this way? Maybe not super-feminist women. They probably would think "Forget men, I am going to buy this for myself! I deserve it!" And friends...I think I am almost there. I simply must have one.

Here is a picture of a ring that was very similar to the one I saw:
*swoon*


These are lovely too:


No comments:

Post a Comment