Sunday, January 15, 2012

January Update!

The Proverbs 31 Project is going really well! January's goal was to "Be Reliable/Responsible."

Week 1: My mini-goal for the first week was to spend consistent time with God every night. It was really tough (I don't know why I can spend hours on facebook and not in my Bible), but sooo rewarding. Life just seems to flow smoother when God is actively involved. The blessings continue to pour out and I am ever so grateful. If you want to get closer to God I highly recommend stepping it up in your quiet times. I find that prayer journaling helps me a lot!

I learned this format for prayer journaling in Sunday School when I was little and still use it today. It is based off of the format of the Lord's Prayer.

  • A (Adore): Start your prayer by praising God for the marvelous God He is! He deserves it!
  • C (Confess): Confess your sins to the Lord daily, and repent of them.
  • T (Thanksgiving): Thank the Lord for all of your blessings.
  • S (Supplication): Humbly ask the Lord to provide for your needs.

Week 2: My mini-goal for the second week was to keep commitments. I was proud of myself for doing everything that I said I would do this week, but it was very difficult. Life is busy and unexpected things come up all the time. I think that the best way to keep your commitments is to not make very many of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment