Tuesday, January 31, 2012

V-day Hair Clips Tutorial

I started writing a few tutorials over the Christmas holiday (here is the link if you missed it http://12craftsofchristmas.blogspot.com/ ). I really enjoy it because it helps me to practice both my crafting and my writing. Instruction writing is hard! Anyway, here is one for some Valentine's Day Hair Clips that I made to give to my Bible Study girlfriends.


What You Will Need:
  • Conversation Hearts
  • A hot glue gun
  • Hair clips
  • Spray Varnish
  • Modge Podge
Steps:
  1.  Place the conversation hearts in a large shallow container that you do not mind getting varnished (I used a box top) and take it outside to spray the hearts. DO THIS OUTSIDE. The stuff is very strong smelling and also flammable.
  2. Be sure to spray BOTH sides of the hearts. This makes them weather resistent. (Follow the directions on the can)
  3. After your hearts are dry clip them onto some waxed paper so that the hot glue does not cause the clip to stick to itself when you glue the hearts onto the top.
  4. Place a small dot of hot glue on the back of the heart and press it onto the clip, holding it down firmly until dry.
  5. If you want your clips to be shiny brush a small amount of modge podge on the top of the hearts.
  6. DONE! Enjoy :)
*Note: Be careful with your clips. They are pretty sturdy, but not intended for children.*

No comments:

Post a Comment