Saturday, October 15, 2011

What I Learned From a Mini-Breakdown

Ever have one of those day where nothing goes right; you think that the universe is against you, and you just want to crawl up in a ball and eat a whole bad of puffy Cheetos? Well, the past few WEEKS have been like that for me. I suddenly looked around and saw my world imploding. Pretty soon there was nothing left for me to do but cry. Last night I cried A LOT. It was really pathetic and kind of gross, but it needed to happen. As I laid there sniffling I thought "This is good. I need to feel this. Really feel how upset I am and let it all out." I journaled, prayed, and asked others to pray for me too, then I went to sleep.
This morning when I woke up I decided that it was going to be my last day being depressed. I was going to throw myself a pity party. This involved a lot of journaling, Bath and Body products, British pop music, junk food and "Dirty Dancing" (which I may or may not have watched twice in one day). I cleaned the apartment, I beat my all my high scores on Just Dance, I read some Poe, and I organized all of my hair accessories. I feel better. Here's what I learned:
  • It's okay to feel sad and crazy. Embrace it and then let it go.
  • If you focus on the one way someone doesn't love you, you lose sight of all the wonderful ways they really do.
  • Just because thing change doesn't mean that things are getting worse.
  • It's okay to ask for help and to be vulnerable. Your true friends never judge.
  • I can tell my best friends anything. I love them so much.
  • People, in general, want to help. Sometimes you just have to let them know how they can.
  • Turning off my phone and computer was like an instant retreat.
  • I care too much what other people think about me.
  • People say that I need to "play the game" if I want to get a man, but any man worth my time will be a rule-bender like me. I will never change who I am for anyone.
  • People say that any man would be lucky to date me, that is absolutely true.
  • PRAYER WORKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment